“Whenever there was a catastrophe, my mother would say ‘Always look for the helpers. If you look for the helpers, you’ll know that there’s hope.’” – Fred “Mister” Rogers.
All eight of us, plus our devoted partners at East Side House, are absolutely overwhelmed by the helpers who came through for this initiative and the impact that you’ve had. Over 2,100 donors, foundations, plus corporations big and small, came together to raise over 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS and counting to help farmers and the hungry when it was needed most. In a year of chaos and turmoil, you have not just given us help, you’ve given us hope.
What started out as some friends and an idea grew into something we never imagined – because of you and others like you. Giving inspires giving, and your gift motivated others to pitch in and give whatever they could, from time, to skills, to goods, to funds. Together, we’ve helped rescue over 960,000 pounds of food and feed over 185,000 people. That is no small feat.
Here is our collective impact to date:
Impact to date:
- Distributed over 960,000 pounds of food to people in immediate need in the Bronx, New York City
- Fed over 185,000 people
- Opened a warehouse to help ramp up capacity as the need continues to climb
Through a partnership with Hellmann’s Food Relief Fund, we:
- Are well on our way to achieving our shared goal of rescuing 1.2 million pounds of seasonal crops to feed 230,000 people in need.
- Support Black American farmers through a partnership with The Federation of Southern Cooperatives, from whom East Side House is purchasing crops
- GoFundMe donors: over $248,253 and counting
- Rotary Club of New York $55,000
- Gen Next Foundation $10,000
- Seed money $8,650
- Corporate gifts: $1,200,000
Fordham Prep’s Build the Bronx Club
Gen Next Foundation
Hellmann’s Food Relief Fund
Kelso & Company
LJ Duffy Contract Furniture
Laura Lemle Family Foundation
Miami Club Rum
Robert & Barbara Quinn Family Foundation
Rotary Club of New York
Tony Palimeri of Garden State Consolidating
Wendy Rubin/ Gerald L. Lennard Foundation
Zaro’s Family Bakery
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2021. Thank you for making a world of difference in the lives of so many in 2020.